Canada's Culinary Heritage contains the favorite recipes of more than 100 Canadian personalities.
For Canada's 150th birthday we have created a superior quality cookbook, that presents interesting recipes and showcases 150 Canadian celebrities from various back-grounds in culture, sports, politics, corporate affairs and journalism. Each celebrity is a Canadian resident or of Canadian origin and has excelled in their field.
The recipes highlight a significant dish that intimately links the celebrity and their story. They explain the origin, how to prepare the recipe and serving suggestions for their selected dish. To add a more human and anecdotal aspect to the book, the celebrity cooks reveal their favourite products, places, services or activities.
The contents of the celebrity recipe are displayed over two consecutive pages. One page is a large format photo of the prepared dish, and the opposite page has, among other elements, the list of ingredients (imperial and metric measurements) and the method of preparation, tips, etc. There is also a photo of our chefs and guest chefs.
Additional elements found on this page is different personal aspects of each celebrity; their title or domain of expertise, their all-time favourite meal, the origin of their selected recipe and their native town or place of residence.
The list of celebrities include Canadians from many aspects fields including:
- Actors, including Mike Holmes and Rich Little
- Athletes, including Nancy Greene, Wayne Gretzy and Penny Oleksiak
- Politicians, including Michaëlle Jean, The Right Honourable Paul Martin and Chantal Petitclerc (Senator)
- Business executives, including Yves Desjardins-Siciliano (Via-Rail) and Sophie Lui (Head of Global News)
- Children's Author Robert Munsch
- Astronaut David St-Jacques
- Vegetarian Recipe Blogger Angela Liddon
- And many more. . .
This collection of celebrity recipes has been published in two versions, one in English and one in French.
About the authors
"An interesting mosaic of Canadian food."
— Dean Tudor, food and wine reviewer