Avast ye scurvy dogs! Ever wondered what all that pirate slang means? Learn to speak like the saltiest rogue that ever sailed the seven seas using this handy dictionary:
• Find the perfect pirate name
• Learn the intricacies of seafaring grammar
• Try out dating tips for the buccaneering set
• Learn to curse like a sailor—a 17th century one!
• Discover techniques for developing useful phrases, such as “There be itches in me britches!”
• Give instructions the nautical way; guaranteed to make sure “X” marks the spot
• Order a restaurant meal in pirate speak
• Learn the many ways of asking your mateys to go for a drink—a “modest quencher”
• Celebrate International Talk like a Pirate Day on September 19 with your newfound lingo!
About the author
Geordie Telfer is a writer, actor and artist. As a child, he practiced flying by leaping onto a beanbag chair, and his dream job was to become Batman. Unfortunately, neither ambition turned out, but his passion for adventure remains. Geordie has been an assistant director, a freelance set carpenter and a web and television writer. He worked extensively on deafplanet.com, the first TV show and website in American Sign Language, and has written several nature documentaries.