This highly anticipated follow-up to the massively successful Ecoholic focuses on the home as the mainstay of sustainable living.
Our resident Ecoholic comes to the rescue again, offering reminders and tips on how to keep your castle (however humble) clean, energy-efficient and healthy. We spend so much time at home — why not make it a sustainable haven instead of a polluting, off-gassing cesspool? Ecoholic Home addresses the green side of the economic crisis, and includes a resource guide for finding designers and contractors, and for renovating and shopping green.
• Cleaning: product comparisons, disposal reminders, laundry tips
• Cooking: avoiding Teflon, omitting Bisphenol A, reducing packaging
• Powering: green energy (solar and geothermal), bundling (Bullfrog)
• Maintaining: dehumidifiers, lighting options, ice removers
• Renovating: buying energy-efficient appliances, choosing environmentally friendly building materials, insulating your home
• Moving: LEED-certified homes, “greening” your first apartment
Adria Vasil is the acclaimed and bestselling author of Ecoholic: Your Guide to the Most Environmentally Friendly Information, Products and Services in Canada. She has appeared on television, radio and in print numerous times and has become a pundit for green living. Vasil lives in Toronto.
Praise for Adria Vasil:
“This is the kind of information for people who want to do something to lighten their impact on the planet. The small steps cost us little in the way of effort, cost or time, but the cumulative effects of doing many of them can be enormous.”
— David Suzuki
“Adria Vasil’s Ecoholic is a slickly produced and irreverently toned book that makes going green seem almost sexy. It also walks the walk, being printed in vegetable-based inks on 100% post-consumer recycled and chlorine-free paper with a UV-strengthened cover.”
— Quill & Quire