Winner of the Gold Medal, Top Sales & Marketing Book of 2017, Top Sales & Marketing Awards
You’re a talented sales professional, but you face big hairy sales challenges every day and you just can’t seem to get anywhere.
• Why can’t I get time with my prospects and clients?
• Why are my benefit-loaded e-mails and phone calls falling on deaf ears?
• How do I loosen the stranglehold of an established supplier?
• How do I convert more leads into sales?
• How do I stand out when my competition claims the exact same benefits?
Same old questions, but in today’s market they call for different answers. Uncommon Sense shows you how to shift your thinking and behavior to stand out from the pack and achieve bigger, better sales, faster. It’s time to dispense with the common nonsense of dusty old selling imperatives (like, elevator pitches, unique value propositions, and Always Be Closing). Stop thinking like a seller, and start thinking like your customers and prospects. Uncommon Sense shows you how to shift the way you sell . . . and the results you get:
• Provides a toolkit of practical strategies and tactics that will improve your access to prospects, enrich engagements with your customers, and transform your results.
• Features dozens of examples of calls gone seriously wrong, career-changing stories of real salespeople, eye-opening statistics, and tips for thinking your way out of self-defeating behaviors into providing real value for clients.
• Presents counter-intuitive sales thinking in bite-sized chunks for the busy salesperson who wants practical advice on specific topics.
Whether you’re a seasoned sales pro or a novice, a sales manager who wants to launch the team to new levels of performance, or a small business owner struggling with the selling role,Uncommon Sense is the personal sales coach you need to shift your thinking, shift your habits, and shift your performance to new heights.
Jill Harrington slid into a sales career when she arrived in North America from the UK. A hunger to learn, the obsessive stalking of successful sales professionals, and a sincere interest in people and business took her from front line to executive suite. As president of salesSHIFT, she helps sales teams from diverse industries shift the way they think and act, enabling them to drive bigger results in highly competitive markets. Her brand of fresh thinking and "tell it as it is" communication style have garnered stellar reviews from conference audiences on four continents. She has contributed to business and trade publications in North America, and her salesSHIFT blog was voted one of the top 50 sales blogs worldwide by Top Sales World.
"A time-honored sales mantra over the years has been summed up in the acronym ABC – Always Be Closing. It was actually tarnished by the stereotypical and somewhat unsavoury salespeople portrayed in the hit movie Glengarry Glen Ross, but Markham, Ont., sales trainer Jill Harrington says it lives on in the subconscious and actions of modern salespeople nevertheless. "We dropped ABC from our vocabulary, but not from our mindset," she says in an interview." —Harvey Schachter, The Globe and Mail