The quintessential West Coast guidebook from the region's outdoor expert, revised and updated.
The first time Jack Christie pulled together his favourite day trips from Vancouver into a single book, a success story was born. Now revised and updated, 52 Best Day Trips will enrich the West Coast experience for many new adventurers. From Delta to Whistler, the North Shore to the Fraser Valley, here are the best views, the best biking, the best beaches, and the best family outings.
The third edition of this trusted guidebook includes:
- Two new trips: the Colony Farm Regional Park in Coquitlam, an excellent location for wildlife viewing, picnicking, hiking, and cycling; and the brand new Sea to Sky Trail, a 180-kilometre route for hikes, snowshoers, and mountain bikers that connects communities in the Sea to Sky Corridor
- Nine updated maps and fifteen new photographs
- Detailed directions and custom maps that help day trippers find their way and enjoy the sights en route
- Driving distances, time to allow, and activities for each area
- Over thirty wheelchair-accessible day-trip destinations that accommodate adventurers of all abilities
About the author
Jack Christie (dubbed ""Mr. B.C."" by the Toronto Sun) is one of the most trusted sources on outdoor recreation and travel. Host of Shaw TV's The Rec Report, outdoors columnist with The Georgia Straight, and creator and host of CBC Radio's Beyond the Backyard series, his articles appear regularly in Explore, British Columbia Magazine, and National Geographic Traveller. In 2004, Christie received Tourism British Columbia's Tourism Media Award.