The Short Version
- We will, under all circumstances, keep any information we collect from you in strict confidence, using it only to help us deliver and improve the site and its features. We will never share the personal information you submit to us with a third party.
The Longer Version
Below are the basic information policies and practices in place on The 49th Shelf.
Information We May Collect
The information we collect from you (“personal information”), such as your name and email address, we use to deliver the site features and functionality, including:
- Offering products and services that may be of interest to you
- Customizing the advertising and content that you see on our website
- Facilitating use of our website
- Managing your account and your preferences
- Analyzing use of and improving our website, products, and services
- Identifying and protecting against fraudulent transactions and other misuses of our website
We also may collect other types of information in the following ways when you visit our website:
- Our server logs automatically collect information such as your IP address, your browser type and language, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us track users’ movements around our site and understand trends.
- We may assign your computer one or more cookies which may collect information to facilitate access to our website and to personalize your online experience.
Information Others May Collect
We may allow third-party advertising companies or ad networks to display advertisements on our websites:
- We do not provide any personal information to these companies
- These companies may use tracking tools, such as cookies, to collect information about computers used to view or interact with their advertisements.
If you post information about yourself or others, or communicate with others using our website, please note that we cannot control who reads your postings or what they do with the information you provide. We encourage you to use caution in posting personal information.
You may choose:
- Not to provide personal information, although this may prevent you from obtaining certain services or using certain features of The 49th Shelf
- To stop receiving our newsletter by clicking “unsubscribe” at the bottom of the newsletter email
- To delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings, although if you do, some of the features or services of our website may not function properly
- To review and update your personal information by logging into your 49thShelf.com account.
We take appropriate physical, electronic, and other security measures to help safeguard personal information from unauthorized access, alteration, or disclosure.
If you have any questions about our privacy policies, please write us at firstname.lastname@example.org