About The 49th Shelf
49th Shelf is about making it easier to discover Canadian books. Canadian books in all genres, from bestselling authors to new talent, from publishers large and small, from all regions of the country.
That’s really it in a nutshell.
There are a ton of ways to find your next great Canadian read on 49th Shelf:
- Use the Search function at the top of every page to search through our 60,000+ database of titles; as you’ll see, there are a few options for how to refine your search (e.g., by author or book).
- Check out our weekly selection of Featured Lists and new releases on the homepage: these are lovingly assembled either by our editor or by members.
- Read our frequently updated blog, which comprises editors’ musings, guest posts and lists, author interviews and podcasts, and fun announcements and podcasts.
- Hop over to Recommended Reading to see the book lists everyone’s been making.
- Join us on Twitter and Facebook and be part of the 49th Shelf conversation! We pull lots of members’ Twitter/FB suggestions into the site, and many Canadian authors contribute to the discussions there as well.
The 49th Shelf is produced by the Association of Canadian Publishers in association with the Canadian Publishers’ Council, and with funding from the Department of Canadian Heritage and the Ontario Media Development Corporation and a lead sponsorship from Amazon.ca.
2012 Lead Sponsor
We acknowledge the financial support of the Government of Canada
through the Canada Book Fund (CBF) for this project.
Made possible with the support of the Ontario Media Development Corporation
on behalf of the Ministry of Tourism and Culture.