Unbelievable facts about an amazing specimen—YOU!
Most of us eat, run, or sleep without thinking about it. But our bodies are masterful machines of intricate design that perform amazing feats daily.
The fifth book in Annick’s successful 50 Questions series guides readers through the details of how our bodies function, from the miracles of genetics, to immune cells shaped like sea monsters.
With her engaging, lucid style, Lloyd Kyi incorporates recent scientific research to explain our body’s complex workings. Kids will love fnding the answers to questions such as:
• Do blood cells travel single fle? (In our capillaries, blood cells have to squeeze through one at a time.)
• How is your spine like a racetrack? (Messages race down the nerves in your spinal cord faster than a NASCAR driver.)
• Is your brain like plastic? (Your brain’s ability to change is called “plasticity.”)
• Can your lungs take a hike? (Your lungs and blood vessels adapt to altitude changes.)
• Are there aliens inside you? (The invasion of microscopic living organisms started the moment you were born.)
You’ll discover how people avoided epidemics in ancient Pakistan and why your goldfish can see things you can’t. Hilarious illustrations will keep kids laughing as they learn.
“With humor, relevance, and fascinating trivia, this book suggests that no topic concerning physiology should be taboo and that, in spite of its ickiness, the human body is truly amazing.”
“The writing style and humorous illustrations provide information in a way that will be appealing to a variety of readers while still allowing readers to use this book as a source for assignments.”
“This informative question-and-answer format book is accompanied by humorous illustrations on each page.”
“Both graphic and lyrical, this text contains a wealth of information in a unique format.”
“A fun and quirky romp through human anatomy.”
“A tour (de force) through the human body that’s eminently understandable and entertaining and even often quite funny.”
“Fun and informative, and readers will keep turning pages.”
“I like reading the 50 Questions books because even if I know a lot about a particular subject, I always still learn something new.”
“An amazing idea with so much information that even the non-biology minded of us can enjoy it.”